This site is about the SD2IEC, a modern storage device, compatible with enhanced CBM and CMD disk drives
(1571, 1581 and FD-2000/4000) and also with CDM HDD and IDE64 systems.
What is the SD2IEC
- Popular PC-compatible FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 filesystems, SDHC cards.
- Subdirectories, long filenames, partitions.
- Improved kernals, smart cartridges support (FC III) and fastloaders compatibility,.
- Disk CD commands for directory browsing and many others...
SD2IEC hints and tips
- The first file copied to the fresh formatted SD card is also always the first loaded. LOAD"*",8...
- Use the XE4 disc command to set direct and simple file handling. Forget about D64 or P00 file formats!
- Combine fastloaders with "wedge" commands or filebrowsers.
- Check the latest firmware, upgrade via a SDcard.
With SD2IEC drives and FAT/FS-formatted SD cards, you won't need to extract programs from ZIP or D64 archives anymore.
Just download and copy PRG and SEQ files to your SD card.
For making multi-file archives and unpacking them directly to a SD-card, there are several self-dissolving programs,
try the Vision Self Dissolving Files from the
SD2IEC Compatible Software Page.
Executables listed below you can download in one archive,
already prepared for a SD card.
Look at the list of files.
And GAMES, of course.
v1.1, launcher, SJLOAD, 1024 directory entries, load files with 243 blocks - single file
v2.0+, launcher, 3200+ directory entries - single file
v1.6, launcher - single file
v1.0e, file manager - single file
v1.3c, file browser - single file
v.697, file browser - single file
v0.180927, file browser - single file
v0.96, software fastloader - single file
v1.2 - single file
v5.1/071382, shortcuts for disk operations - single file
Utility Wedge Commands
, complex wedge tool - single file
& v5.6 [PRG]
- manual [TXT]
v0.3, information about a SD2IEC device - single file
v0.5, command line tool - single file
, SYS line tool - single file
v1.1, disc utility and speedloader - single file
- manual [PDF]
v2.1e, kernal ROM image
- info & [download]
Check out the system of SD2IEC devices on a modern PC, in the VICE emulator.